As we approach the end of October, we are busy preparing for the season of gathering ahead! With all of the stunning winter weddings and incredible holiday celebrations, it is one of our favorite times of year here at The Hutton House. Whether you’re planning a gorgeous head table for your upcoming wedding celebration or a beautiful spread for your holiday gathering, read on for our step-by-step tips on how to build the perfect tablescape.
Russell Heeter Photography, Studio Fleurette, Linen Effects, Hunt Wright Design Co., Collected & Co.
01. START WITH A BEAUTIFUL BASE
A stunning linen is the foundation of any gorgeous tablescape! Tie into your color palette and add texture to your table through thoughtful attention to your linen selection. Don’t forget – layering with napkins or a table runner can be a subtle way to add color or pattern accenting your event theme and aesthetic as well. We recommend Après Event Décor & Tent Rental and Linen Effects for specialty linen rentals.
1) Marit Williams Photography & Kindred Blooms, 2) & 3) Collected & Co., Studio Fleurette & Tiffany Kokal, 4) Poly Mendes Photography & Ashley Fox Designs
02. CREATE A FLORAL FOCAL POINT
Floral centerpieces are one of our favorite ways to create a beautiful focal point and the next step in building your perfect tablescape. Consider an elevated arrangement for height and drama, or add a low and lush statement piece such as a romantic floral garland. Our Recommended Vendor List is overflowing with talented florists who we love to work with, including the few pictured here; Studio Fleurette, Rose and Laurel, and Bellamore Floral.
Images by Tiffany Kokal, Abigail Berge & Tippy Jordan
03. PERFECT YOUR PLACE SETTINGS
Next, perfect your place settings with items such as specialty flatware, textured plates and chargers, and unique glassware. These layered details instantly add an elevated touch to your tablescape. The rental companies featured here offer a stunning selection of tabletop décor to choose from; Oliver and Grace Artistry Studios, Linen Effects, Collected & Co. and Après Event Décor & Tent Rental.
Images by Erin Johnson, Tiffany Kokal & Matt Lien
04. LAYER WITH STATIONERY
Once you’ve established your place settings, now is the time to layer with your delicate paper goods. Event day stationery is one place in particular where your unique event theme or aesthetic can truly shine! Add a personalized touch to your tablescape with customized place cards, menus, and table numbers. Once again, our Recommended Vendor List is an excellent resource for clients looking to work with a local designer, such as Jill Elaine Designs, featured here.
Images by Tiffany Kokal & Madison Delaney, Design & Décor Rentals by Collected & Co.
05. THE FINISHING TOUCH
Now it’s time to dim the room and light the candles! Whether your design includes pillar candles, taper candles, or votives, a little candlelight sprinkled throughout your table adds a romantic twinkle – the finishing touch to your perfect tablescape!
Images by Decora Topp, Geneoh Photogarphy & Melissa Oholendt
BONUS TIP: THE WOW-FACTOR
Take that beautiful tablescape to the next level by adding your own personal touch! Here are a few of our favorite “wow-factor” ideas to consider…
- Bring in specialty seating to elevate the look of your head table or highlight the bride and groom or guests of honor.
- Repurpose the floral from your ceremony or program to create a stunning backdrop for your head table.
- Individual desserts at each place setting serve double duty as tabletop decor and sweet treats for each guest!
- Overhead lighting or a dramatic floral installation creates a one-of-a-kind statement piece that you and your guests will remember forever.
1) Collected & Co., Studio Fleurette, Madison Delaney, 2) Sadie’s Floral, Russell Heeter, 3) Collected & Co., Bellamore Floral, Michaela Paige, 4) Collected & Co., Studio Fleurette, Sage E Imagery
LEARN MORE: To gather more beautiful tablescape inspiration, visit our recent blog post or follow along with us on Pinterest. And contact our team today to learn more about hosting your event at The Hutton House.